WASP-HS Call for Collaboration Between Projects
Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program on Humanities and Society (WASP-HS) aims to realize excellent research and develop competence on the consequences and challenges of artificial intelligence and autonomous systems for humanities and society. A central component of the initiative is to support multi-disciplinary interaction across the funded projects.
This initiative supports research on issues that require a multidisciplinary approach and are relevant for two or more projects. Collaborations can focus on specific research problems, conceptual, methodological, or theoretical issues, or other scientific inquiries.
Proposals are submitted to the WASP-HS Program Office using a template available on the WASP-HS website, see below.
The WASP-HS Management Team evaluates and decides on the acceptance of the proposals. The board is informed of the decisions made by the Management Team. A maximum of 100,000 SEK can be requested for one collaboration. Each year, a maximum sum of 400,000 SEK, can be allocated for this instrument.
- The call is open to the members of WASP-HS projects originating from the MMW/MAW calls of 2019 and 2020.
- The activities must be initiated by at least two researchers of two different projects
- The initiative should be of interest for two or more projects
- Applicants must indicate why the proposed activity cannot be financed by the projects’ budgets.
Examples of Activities:
- Joint meetings
- Short visits
- Outreach activities
- Demonstration projects
- Start of the call: 15 October 2020
- Start of collaborations: 1 January 2021
- The call is continuously open and applications for collaborations between projects can be submitted at any time.
- Quality of the proposal in terms of research question and methods
- Relevance to the WASP-HS aims and ambitions
- Originality of methods or results
- Project plan and deliverables